Healthy Recipe: Thyme & Garlic Crusted Chicken
Thyme & Garlic Crusted Chicken with potato and home grown salad. Serves 2 in under 30 mins.
Thyme & Garlic Crusted Chicken
with potato and home grown salad
Serves 2 in under 30 mins.
- 4 small chicken thighs trimmed of fat (thighs work best for this recipe because they retain moisture and are less likely to dry out).
- ½ bunch of thyme roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 medium sized potatoes cooked & diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic aioli
- A few chopped chives
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 2 radishes sliced
- ½ small avocado sliced
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 Tbsp of Persian feta or just regular feta if don’t have the other
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Coat the chicken with a small amount of oil, then season with salt & pepper. Add the thyme & garlic and mix thoroughly and ensure all of the chicken is covered. It tastes even better if you let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours beforehand. Don’t worry if you don’t have time for that, it’ll taste great anyway.
Once the potatoes have cooled add the aioli and chives and mix to coat. Add to your serving dish.
Add your salad greens to the plate and carefully arrange the other ingredients on top. Try & mix the colours for a pleasing look, finish with the feta. Drizzle with some olive oil and a splash of balsamic.
Cook the chicken on a BBQ or hot griddle pan making sure there isn’t any pink. Tip – If you don’t want to spoil your presentation cut the underside to check if you chicken is cooked all the way through.
Place on a plate with your salad serve while it’s still hot.